“It’s great to be back”. That was the overwhelming sentiment at last night’s concert. There’s no substitute for live music!
Thank you to everyone involved in making our return so special ~ our musicians, audience, volunteers, soloist Jasper Ly and our Musical Director Joannes Roose. Special mention to our instruments, who waited so patiently for their chance to shine once again!
Bravo to all and here’s to a musical year ahead. Make a note of our next concert date: Friday, 10 June 2022.
To keep us all healthy and safe, MLC will implement the following requirements on Friday evening. They will provide a COVID safety officer to monitor compliance. Please respect their role. We hope to see you there.
- All patrons over 18 must be double vaccinated unless there is acceptable evidence of a valid medical exemption
- Vaccination status will be verified at entry
- Face mask to be worn at all times
- Hand sanitisation required on entry – sanitiser and wipes will be available
- If feeling unwell or showing symptoms, please stay home
- Toilets and high use touchpoints will be cleaned at 4pm on the day
- Air-conditioning will be used for temperature control, and doors/windows opened for fresh air flow
- Signage for physical distancing and directing foot traffic
- Like all our concerts, seating will be unallocated to allow physical distancing
- Our players will be 5m from the audience (front row of seats will not be used)
We are so pleased to announce that we will be presenting a concert on Friday, 25 March 2022. It will be held at the James Tatoulis Auditorium, Methodist Ladies’ College, Kew commencing at 8pm.
Our program is:
* Mozart ~ Don Giovanni Overture
* Ludwig Lebrun ~ Oboe Concerto No.1 in D minor with soloist Jasper Ly
* Beethoven ~ Symphony No. 5
Come along and enjoy, at last, a real live performance, support the orchestra and also Gatehouse at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
Tickets are available online here.
Both the MLC auditorium and the orchestra have a Covid-safe plan and seating will be arranged accordingly.
We look forward to seeing you there.
We hope you’re all well and feeling positive about the Victorian roadmap to the “new normal”.
As things are only starting to open up, we sadly won’t be performing our November concert.
However… the great news is that we’re already planning our usual set of 4 concerts in 2022!
Stay tuned for dates and programs. In the meantime let’s look forward to experiencing the joy of live classical music again soon!
We hope you’re all doing ok in this extended lockdown.
Sadly we have cancelled our September concert as we can’t reliably plan regular rehearsals and public performances.
However we are keen to organise something – our thinking caps are on for ways to still play music together and share it with you.
We will keep you updated. In the meantime, look after yourselves and others. At least we can still enjoy music in one way or another.
Hello everyone. As mentioned earlier our June concert was cancelled due to the Covid-19 restrictions. Things are still unpredictable, but we are pleased to say that we intend to perform that same program on our next scheduled concert date: Friday, 3 September. The program originally planned for September will be performed on Friday, 19 November.
Therefore our concert programs are as follows:
Friday, 3 September 2021
* Mozart ~ Overture to Don Giovanni
* Saint-Saens ~ Cello Concerto with soloist Luke Severn
* Beethoven ~ Symphony No. 5
Friday, 19 November 2021
* Schubert ~ Rosamunde Overture
* Mozart ~ Piano Concerto No. 24 in C-minor, K491 with soloist Elyane Laussade
* Haydn ~ Symphony No. 104 “London”
Online tickets will be available on our website in due course. We hope to see you all there to enjoy this wonderful music.